|Listen||Song Title||Times||Sheet Music (PDF) $3.95|
|01. Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring||4:36|
|02. Away in a Manger||4:20|
|03. In the Bleak Midwinter||3:38|
|04. Angels We Have Heard On High||4:36|
|05. O Come, O Come Emmanuel||5:27|
|06. Shepherds and Stars||4:54|
|07. Silent Night||4:32|
|09. Coventry Carol||3:21|
|10. Awaken the Dawn||4:57|
|11. Lo, How a Rose Eer Blooming||4:00|
|12. Snow Angel||4:29|
|13. Little Drummer Boy||3:44|
In arranging and composing for December Peace, my heart was to offer peace and rest for your holiday season through a distinctive collection of traditional and original piano melodies. The album also features the beautiful work of Jill Haley on English horn, Eugene Friesen on cello, Jeff Oster on flugel horn and Noah Wilding with angelic vocals.
Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 – 1750), one of my all-time favorite composers, once said, “The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul.” In tribute to him, the album opens his timeless melody, Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring.
“Once again Stanton Lanier has demonstrated why he is among the finest composers and pianists on the contemporary scene. Whether in his original compositions or in his brilliant interpretations of Christmas classics, December Peace adds beauty and peace to a world deeply in need of it.”
– Producer Will Ackerman, Grammy Winning Founder of Windham Hill Records
There were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them…saying, “Today…a Savior has been born to you.” Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.” — Luke, 60 A.D. (taken from Luke 2:8-15 and inspiration for Shepherds and Stars, which expresses the heart of December Peace).
1. JESU, JOY OF MAN’S DESIRING. Traditional. Solo Piano.
2. AWAY IN A MANGER. Traditional. Solo Piano.
3. IN THE BLEAK MIDWINTER. Traditional. Piano, English Horn.
4. ANGELS WE HAVE HEARD ON HIGH. Traditional. Piano, Cello.
5. O COME, O COME EMMANUEL. Traditional. Solo Piano.
6. SHEPHERDS AND STARS. Original. Piano, Vocals, Flugel Horn, Hopi Drum.
7. SILENT NIGHT. Traditional. Solo Piano.
8. THANKSGIVING. Original, Walk in the Light (2001), new version. Piano, English Horn.
9. COVENTRY CAROL. Traditional. Solo Piano.
10. AWAKEN THE DAWN. Original, Unveiled (2008), remix. Piano, Vocals, English Horn, Flugel Horn, Hopi Drum.
11. LO, HOW A ROSE E’ER BLOOMING. Traditional. Solo Piano.
12. SNOW ANGEL. Original. Piano, Cello.
13. LITTLE DRUMMER BOY. Traditional. Piano, Flugel Horn.
14. SILENCE. Original, Still Waters (2002), new version. Solo Piano.
15. PEACE. Original, The Voice (2005), remix. Piano, Vocals.
All piano compositions and arrangements by Stanton Lanier. English Horn by Jill Haley. Cello by Eugene Friesen. Vocals by Noah Wilding. Flugel Horn by Jeff Oster. Hopi Drum by Will Ackerman.
Produced by Will Ackerman. Recorded, Mixed and Mastered by Corin Nelsen at Imaginary Road Studios, Windham County, Vermont. Photography by Ron Niebrugge.
Thank you Will and Corin for your friendship. My musical journey would not be the same without you. Thank you Jill, Eugene, Noah and Jeff for sharing your beautiful gifts with all of us. Thank you to my family and to you. Your support is what makes Music to Light the World possible.