|Listen||Song Title||Times||Sheet Music (PDF) $3.95|
|01. Across The Skies||5:07|
|02. World Of Wonders||4:03|
|03. Vive La Joye||3:38|
|04. A Thousand Years||5:17|
|05. Hymn To Bach||2:48|
|06. Bread Of Angels||5:32|
|07. For A Lifetime Blessings Flow||4:13|
|08. Always In Blossom||4:32|
|09. Be Still My Soul||5:25|
|10. Monastery At Eventide||3:30|
|11. Prelude In C||3:13|
|12. Alleluias Dancing||5:46|
The idea to interweave scripture inspired piano compositions with unique arrangements of timeless classical and hymn melodies had been in my mind for several years. I wanted this recording to have the enduring simplicity and intimacy that comes through solo piano. In a few special places, I also wanted to feature the gentle presence of two of my favorite artists, Noah Wilding singing angelic vocals and Jill Haley playing English horn.
The creative process was an amazing journey, as music from seven renowned hymns and five of the world’s greatest classical composers (Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Mozart and Pachelbel) were blended with eleven original works. I was stretched out of my comfort zone more than ever before. Yet, at the same time, the studio became a refuge more than ever before. This resulted in fresh experiences of joy, peace and hope from deep down inside that I am excited to share with you.
VIVE LA JOYE (“Joy Forever” in Old French)
You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
— David wrote these words around 1,000 B.C. (Psalm 16:11)
1. ACROSS THE SKIES. The glory of the skies fills the earth (Psalm 19; Pachelbel’s Canon in D).
2. WORLD OF WONDERS. Pausing to take in beauty and wonder all around (Psalm 98; Amazing Grace).
3. VIVE LA JOYE. Nurturing child-like joy and faith (Psalm 16; Beethoven’s Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee).
4. A THOUSAND YEARS. “A thousand years in your sight are like a day or a watch in the night” – making the most of life’s moments (Psalm 90; Mozart’s Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star; It is Well with My Soul).
5. HYMN TO BACH. Breathing fresh air with a grateful heart (Isaiah 6; J.S. Bach’s Air; Holy, Holy, Holy).
6. BREAD OF ANGELS. Dependence for daily provision, which is like manna from heaven (Psalm 78).
7. FOR A LIFETIME BLESSINGS FLOW. Rejoicing following times of weeping (Psalm 30; The Doxology).
8. ALWAYS IN BLOSSOM. Delighting in meditation; desiring to live a fruitful life by grace (Psalm 1).
9. BE STILL MY SOUL. Stillness, simplicity, silence, solitude and surrender (Psalm 46; Be Still My Soul).
10. MONASTERY AT EVENTIDE. Letting tears flow for healing (Job 7 and Chopin’s Prelude in E Minor). Chopin composed his 24 preludes in the late 1830s while living in a monastery on a Spanish island in the Mediterranean Sea. This prelude was played at his funeral and its meaning is described as the “shedding of tears.”
11. PRELUDE IN C. A tribute to J.S. Bach, who composed music to glorify God and refresh the soul.
12. ALLELUIAS DANCING. From lyrics penned in 1225 A.D. to a melody appearing in a German hymnal in 1623, a piano dance
was born (Psalm 145, Francis of Assisi’s All Creatures of Our God and King).
Piano – Stanton Lanier
Angelic Vocals – Noah Wilding
English Horn – Jill Haley, www.jillhaley.com
Guitar – Will Ackerman
Produced by Will Ackerman, Grammy® Winner – www.williamackerman.com
Recorded, Mixed and Mastered at Imaginary Road Studios, Windham County, Vermont
by Corin Nelsen, Grammy® Winner – www.corinnelsen.com
Piano technician services by Bill Ballard
Album artwork by Craig Corbin – www.craigcorbinphotography.com
Will and Corin, it is amazing to think that this was our 4th album together. I cannot thank you enough for your influence on my life and music. Imaginary Road is truly a sanctuary for creativity, joy and unforgettable moments. Thank you Noah, Jill and Will for adding your exquisite performances to the recording.
Thank you to everyone who has been part of the Music to Light the World story since 2004. Your support has made it possible for souls to be touched with peace and hope, and for CDs to be donated to 10,000 cancer patients so far through our Get Music Give Hope℠ program.
~ Stanton Lanier, April 2011