I have found that “peace and rest in a hurried world” is more received than achieved. Here are a few ways I am growing in receiving peace and rest:
- Early morning quiet time and solitude
- A good night’s rest and some swimming, running and stretching a few times per week
- Making daily progress little by little, rather than striving too hard
- Living in the moment, treasuring relationships and shared memories
- Having a mindset to more of a creator than a consumer
- Thinking of life as an epic story, an adventure to live, a beautiful film in living color
This was a great exercise for me, and more thoughts will probably follow. How about you? What things are helping you receive “peace and rest” today?