Click above to listen to track #9 Heart and Soul from the new album So Loved as you read. You can enjoy the CD, MP3 Album, Piano Book and Sheet Music on the So Loved Album Page. You can stream the music on Spotify, iTunes-Apple Music, Amazon MP3, Pandora, and more.
What are you pouring your heart and soul into right now?
This could be your work, your hobby, your family, your marriage, your next vacation, your walk with God, or any number of noble pursuits. The song Heart and Soul is a soundtrack inspired by the life of Caleb, whose great faith resulted in a life of even greater adventure as he trusted God’s guidance. A better phrasing of this question in my journey is “How is God stirring my heart and soul to follow Him better, to follow Him like Caleb?” This requires a wondrous and mysterious combination of stillness and waiting with surrender and action. As you listen to the music and read about the six sections of this song below, I hope you will find fresh inspiration and wisdom in making your life choices and decisions…
1. Section 1 (First 45 seconds, 0:00 to 0:45). Approaching God in Stillness and Waiting. The song opening expresses our wanting to know what to do next. This requires moments of prayerfully getting quiet, and listening closely for God’s gentle whisper.
2. Section 2 (Next 45 seconds, 0:45 to 1:30). Moving with Surrender and Action. This section symbolizes taking first steps as we begin to find our rhythm with faith and obedience, and to know God and His voice more intimately, like Caleb.
3. Section 3 (Next 60 seconds, 1:30 to 2:30). Going Deeper in Stillness and Waiting. This section is a little bit longer than the opening, symbolizing deeper stillness and waiting — listening more attentively, and hearing God’s voice more clearly.
4. Section 4 (Next 45 seconds, 2:30 to 3:15). Moving with Greater Surrender and Action. Our life and faith rhythm gets bigger and louder so to speak, as we interact with God, listen for His voice, and obey His further instructions more swiftly.
5. Section 5 (Next 45 seconds, 3:15 to 4:00). The Blessing of Communion and Interaction. This musical bridge takes us into still deeper communion with God, interacting with Him as we combine both waiting and acting. He knows our needs and guides us faithfully.
6. Section 6 (Final 60 seconds, 4:00 to ending). The Blessing of Affirmation. As we follow God with all our “heart and soul” He encourages us and gives us greater confidence. Like Caleb, the chorus melody and rhythm now begin to represent the growing fruit and impact of our life choices and decisions. This happens as we continue to trust and obey God in all things.
Which phase of this process is most meaningful to you at this moment?
HEART AND SOUL | CALEB
Deuteronomy 1, Numbers 13-14. “he (Caleb) was all for following God, heart and soul.” When God says “let’s go” and we obey, all things are possible with Him.